Be a Demi/Au Pair Family
Phoenix Academy has been placing Demi Pairs and Au Pairs with Perth families for many years. What is an Au Pair? – the word ‘au pair’ comes from French, meaning ‘on par’ or ‘equal to’ and it essentially describes a young person from overseas who comes to live in with a family and help out with the children and the household in exchange for room, meals, pocket money and an opportunity to learn the language.
Phoenix offers this programme to young adults to come as Au pairs on working holiday visas as well as to student visa holders who can work and study as Demi Pairs to a maximum of 20 hours per week. (Demi – meaning ‘half’)
So what does this programme offer to families?
- An intercultural experience for you and your kids
- Help at the busy times of day with the kids & household
- Someone who knows your kids’ routine that is available to babysit when required
- Company for Mum or Dad, especially supportive of FIFO families and single parent families
- That extra pair of hands to help with the washing, ironing and general light household duties that are hard to keep on top of
- Help with school drop offs & pick ups and the after school activities
- A big sister/brother to amuse the kids in the pool or at the park
Generally a Demi/Au pair is that ‘extra pair of hands’ that every busy household needs these days to ease the pressure on parents and allow for more quality family time.
All Phoenix Demi/Au pairs are police checked, provide first aid certificates and references of childcare experiences – please note they are not trained childcare workers.
All Phoenix Host families are interviewed personally by the Demi/Au Pair Co-ordinator and the homes are inspected.
Application Information & Forms