Academic English Program (AEP) – University Preparation
CRICOS Code: 097600G
Commencement dates: Every Monday
Timetable: Day or Evening
Hours per week: 23 hrs/wk
Course Length: 6 week modules/6 to 36 weeks
Class Size: Average 14
Requirements: CEFR B1+ (IELTS 5.0 or equivalent)
Designed to ensure you succeed in a tertiary study environment, our Academic English Program (AEP) course will develop your confidence & competence in key study skills in an academic context.
On completion of all AEP course requirements you are eligible for direct entry at either an undergraduate or postgraduate level with no IELTS required at any of our University partners.
This course is designed for students who:
- would like to study at either an undergraduate or postgraduate level in a Western Australia university
- would like a flexible entry Academic English Program
- have not met university English language entry conditions
- do not want to sit an IELTS exam
Course components include:
- Academic skills (Speaking, Listening, Reading, Writing)
- Using technology to communicate in an academic context
- Participation in tutorial discussions to develop collaborative learning skills
- Conducting research for academic purposes using libraries and the internet
- Oral presentation skills in an academic context.
Successful completion of the English for Academic Purposes course meets English Language requirements in order for Australian universities to consider the student for placement in their undergraduate or postgraduate courses.
Sample Timetable - Day
|Academic English Program|
|10:00 am - 11:15 am||Session 1 - 'LIVE' Class||No classes - Independent Learning|
|11:15 am - 11:30 pm||Break|
|11:30 am - 12:45 pm||Session 2 - 'LIVE' Class|
|12:45pm - 1:30pm||Break|
|1:30pm - 2:45pm||Session 3 - 'LIVE' Class|
|Session 4 - Independent learning|