Diploma of Business – University Pathway (BSB50120)
National Course Code: BSB50120
CRICOS Course Code: 105379C
Commencement Dates: 29 Jan 2024 / 22 Apr / 15 Jul / 07 Oct
Mid-Term Commencement: 04 Mar 2024 / 27 May / 19 Aug / 11 Nov
Hours per Week: 20 hrs/wk average
Course Duration: 6, 9 or 12 months
Class Size: Average 16
Delivery Mode: Available Face-to-Face , Online or Blended
English Entry / Academic Requirements: CEFR B2 / IELTS 5.5 or equivalent + Year 11 (or equivalent)
Gain a business qualification and enter second year university!
The Phoenix Diploma of Business offers students the opportunity to study in a unique, specialised, direct entry pathway into second year University (Undergraduate Programs) in Australia. On successful completion of the Diploma of Business (University Pathway stream), students are equipped with the skills and knowledge required to transfer to their relevant undergraduate program with a full year of advanced standing at Curtin University, Edith Cowan University, Murdoch University, Notre Dame University, Kaplan Business School, and Sheridan Institute of Higher Education.
This course is ideal for students unable to meet the academic entry requirements for Higher Education as an alternative, affordable and effective pathway to university.
At Phoenix Academy we strive for innovative and modern delivery methods in all programs, therefore, our School of Business programs are delivered via the ‘Block Model’ method enabling students to focus on one subject at a time instead of juggling multiple subjects and assessments in one term.
(The Diploma of Business - University Pathway (BSB50120) incorporates the Foundation Studies – Certificate IV in Business (BSB40215) Certificate IV in Business)
- Our comprehensive and customised curriculum provides learners with valuable business skills as well as a range of vital study skills to prepare for Higher Education programs
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification and full course credit for the first year of a range of Bachelor Degree programs at our partner Universities - and save thousands of dollars!
- Apply for packaged enrolment offers with a range of our University partners and only apply for one Student Visa
- *No IELTS score required as part of our pathway/direct entry program
- Enrol for your entire study program for VET and Higher Education through our Link2Uni admissions office (Students can include ELICOS as well in their study package if required)
Subjects/Units of Competency:
Students must complete all 12 units of competence below, with a minimum Pass Grade to be awarded AQF qualification.
Business Communications 510 (COM511)
- 1. BSBXCM501 Lead Communication in the Workplace
- 2. BSBCRT511 Develop Critical Thinking in others
- 3. BSBMKG555 Write Persuasive Copy
Marketing Principles & Practice 511 (MKT510)
- 4. BSBMKG541 Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- 5. BSBMKG542 Establish and adjust the marketing mix
Organisational Behaviour 512 (MGT510)
- 6. BSBLDR523 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- 7. BSBLDR522 Manage people performance
Business Sustainability 513 (MGT510)
- 8. BSBSUS511 Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
- 9. BSBTWK503 Manage meetings
Operational Management 511 MGT510
- 10. BSBOPS502 Manage business operational plans
- 11. BSBOPS501 Manage business resources
Accounting 510 (ACC510)
- 12. BSBFIN501 Manage budgets and financial plans
|Diploma of Business Timetable|
|10:15 am - 11:15 am||Face-to-Face on campus class|
|11:15 am - 11:30 pm||Break|
|11:30 am - 12:30 pm||Face-to-Face on campus class|
|12:30 pm - 1:15 pm||Lunch break|
|1:15 pm - 2:15 pm||Face-to-Face on campus class|
|2:15 pm - 3:15 pm||Independent supervised on campus learning session|